There aren’t many dishes that are tastier and more versatile than a roasted chicken. You can make so many dishes out of it like enchiladas, soup, taquitos, Chinese chicken sandwiches, or pizza. The list could go on and really it couldn’t be simpler to make especially when you put it in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken is perfect for busy weeknights. Place the chicken in the slow cooker in the morning and then let it do it’s thing all day and by dinner time you have a perfectly moist and flavorable chicken.
To season the chicken you can use any combination of spices, seasonings or dry rub. We love this Pit Seasoning from Chef Todd. I use it a lot of poultry(not sponsored, just love it). You can go as crazy, spicy or basic as you want. Get creative! You could also add lemon and onions inside the cavity.
- 1 (4 lb) whole chicken. Take out the insides, rinse and pat dry
- Spices/dry rub of your choice
- Remove the insides from the chicken and then rinse and pat dry.
- Rub the spices all over the chicken and then place into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low of 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.