Heavenly Oreo Dessert – A creamy and decadent dessert with layers of Oreo cookies, cream cheese, chocolate and so much more!
Today’s Sunday Supper theme is all about the best foods for a sleepover. Do you remember sleepovers as a kid? I went to quite a few of them especially In high school. I hung out with a fun group of girls in high school and we used to have sleepovers all the time. We played games, watched movies, gossiped and ate lots of junk food. Such fun memories. I only wish we’d known how to cook back then so we could have eaten much fancier fare than Cheetos, but then again who doesn’t love Cheetos?!
If I were to go to a sleepover today then I would take this Heavenly Oreo Dessert because it’s the best dessert ever! It’s rich, decadent, chocolatey with lots of bites of Oreos. It’s pure heaven, get it?!
Heavenly Oreo Dessert is not only a delicious dessert, but it feeds a crowd and can be made ahead of time. Two more great reasons it is the perfect dessert to take to a sleepover. Oh, and it will make you a lot of friends!
Be sure to check out all the other wonderful recipes that are listed below. Lots and lots of delicious looking food!
- 1 pkg. Double-stuffed Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 pkgs. Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 2 8 oz. containers of whipped topping (I use Cool Whip)
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl, combine the two packages of chocolate pudding mixes with the milk. Mix well. Cover the bowl and place it into the fridge to set.
- Melt the butter. I place my butter in a microwaveable safe bowl and microwave the butter in 10 second intervals until it's melted. Set aside.
- In a large Ziploc bag and place all the Oreo cookies in it. Close the bag and set it on the counter. Take a rolling pin or a meat mallet and crush the cookies into bite-sized chunks.
- Take half the crushed Oreo chunks and pour them into a 9x13 baking pan. Pour the melted butter over the cookies. Mix well and then press the Oreo/butter mixture into the pan to form a crust. I use my hands. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar in bit by bit and blend till well mixed. Fold in 1 container of whipped topping. Spread this mixture over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Next, take the chocolate pudding and spread over the cream cheese mixture. Then take the other container of whipped topping and spread over the chocolate pudding. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Oreo cookie chunks.
- Cover and let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham Egg Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Mini Port Wine Chocolate Covered Apples by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- Crispy Tortilla Cookie Cutouts by Palatable Pastime
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Popcorn by Feeding Big
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.