Beer Brats are juicy and the perfect dish for a hot Summer night or serve them at your next tailgating party.
I love brats cooked in butter, onions and beer. Makes them so juicy and packed with flavor. When I’m planning an outdoor dinner, brats are one of my favorite things to make. Everyone loves a good bratwurst.
A couple of tips –
- Just as I do with my beer bread, pick a beer you would like to drink. Otherwise you get a brat that tastes like a beer you hate. Makes a big difference.
- Cook the onion in butter for a few minutes before you add the brats and beer. This will make them super soft and add a bit of flavor to them.
Football is almost upon us and the tailgating parties will be in full swing. Make these for your next gathering and you’ll be the star of the party.
- 4-6 brats
- 1 medium, yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter or 1/4 cup
- Beer, to cover
- Buns and condiments of your choice
- In a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onions until soft. Add the brats and cover with the beer.
- Bring to a boil and simmer till the brats are cooked through. Take the brats out of the pot and place on a hot grill. Grill on each side for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with the onions, choice of condiments and buns.