Watermelon Feta Salad with a Balsamic Dressing is a sweet, salty and tart salad. Perfect for hot Summer days. It’s packed with watermelon, feta cheese, red onion, mint and the perfect dressing that compliments all the salt and sweetness.
It’s definitely Summer here in Utah. We are near 100 degrees each day now that it’s July. August will be about the same. Oh, the joy of dry heat…but it’s my favorite time of year. I love the heat. Having said that I’m not a fan of cooking complicated dishes or using the oven very much. My favorite dishes to make are light appetizers and salads. They are quick, light and fun to eat outside on our deck.
This dish takes less than 10 minutes to put together and has all our favorite ingredients from Summer – watermelon, red onion, fresh mint. It truly is a party in your mouth.
Give it a try! I bet you will love it!
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbles
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 sprigs of mint, torn into pieces
- Cut your watermelon into bite-sized chunks and add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the onion slices and feta cheese. Mix well.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Toss in the mint. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow all the flavors to mix and mingle.