Oven baked chicken fajitas are tender pieces of chicken marinated and then baked in the oven with peppers and onions.
If you’ve been around for awhile then you know that I love Mexican food especially fajitas. I Love this version of my chicken fajitas, but sometimes I’m lazy and I don’t want to stand at the stove while dinner cooks. We all have those days, don’t we?
I took my basic marinade and marinated the chicken, peppers and onions and then baked in the oven for 35 minutes at 400 degrees. For this recipe you can use any kind of peppers. For this particular recipe I bought a bag of small sweet peppers. It had yellow, orange and red peppers in it. They gave a nice sweetness to the dish. You could most certainly use green and red peppers or any combination.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 peppers of your choice. Red, green, yellow, etc.
- sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix all the ingredients for the marinade and then set aside.
- Slice your chicken and veggies and place in the marinade.
- Toss the meat and veggies to make sure everything was coated.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes is up take the fajitas out of the oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.