Italian Chicken and Veggie Bake is a one-pan dish with chicken, green beans and tender potatoes.
Originally published on Cooking with Ruthie where I am a contributor.
Hello! Today I’m sharing with you a fantastic dinner idea, Italian Chicken and Veggie Bake. You guys! My family loves this dish. There is so much flavor and different textures packed into this dish. There are the tender green beans, soft potatoes and the chicken is full of flavor thanks to the Italian dressing mix and butter.
Let’s talk about the butter…there is a lot of it in this dish. You could easily make this with half the amount of butter. What you can’t do is skip the butter all together. You need a bit of butter to add more flavor to this dish. It melts and mixes with the Italian dressing mix which gives you a tremendous amount of flavor.
I used 5 red potatoes for this dish, but you can use Yukons or Russets. I also will use chicken tenders (4-5) because I always have those on hand in my freezer. Regular chicken breasts work too.
I’ve made this twice in the last month and it’s a keeper. The next time I make this I’m going to try it with asparagus. Perfect for Spring.
- 2 cups green beans, washed, dried and sliced into bit sizes
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1 pkg. Italian dressing mix
- 1 stick of butter, cut into 1 tbsp. squares
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line one side of a 9x13 pan with the green beans.
- Line the opposite side of the 9x13 pan with the potatoes.
- Place the chicken breasts down the middle between the green beans and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and chicken with a bit of pepper.
- Take the Italian dressing mix and sprinkle evenly over the vegetables and chicken.
- Place the butter squares and place evenly over the vegetables and chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.