M&M Cheesecake Cookie Bars are the perfect treat.
Can you believe I’ve never had a cookie bar until I made these?! I don’t know why it took me so long to try them, but I won’t make that mistake again. These are fabulous. I love the cream cheese mixture sandwiched between two layers of cookie dough sprinkled with M&M’s.
Last month one of my husband’s poker friends was having a birthday party during their poker night and I wanted to make something sweet and a bit festive so I made these bars. I love the green and white M&M’s, so springy. One of the best things about these bars is that you can change t he color of the M&M’s to fit any occasion you may make these for.
Kids and adults alike will love these. Perfect as an after school treat.
- Cookie Dough Layer -
- 1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup M&M's
- Cheesecake Layer -
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookie Dough Layer-
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Mix together for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and continue mixing. Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Fold in the M&M's by hand. Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer.
- Cheesecake Layer -
- In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and then spray with baking spray.
- Take ½ of the cookie dough and press down onto the bottom of the 9x13 pan.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the cookie dough layer.
- Take the remaining cookie dough and sprinkle in clumps over the cheesecake layer.
- Sprinkle with more M&M's and bake for 40-45 minutes. The cookie dough should be golden brown. Allow to cool for 20 minutes and then place into the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into bars.
Adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking