Acini di Pepe Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your next Summer picnic.
I love, love, love this salad. I probably say that on every recipe, but really this one is fantastic. I love the combination of the tender pasta, tart tomatoes, the salty taste of the feta cheese and the crunch of the radicchio. Tasty!
I often make this for dinner, but it would make a good side dish along side chicken or steak. This is one of the dishes I make if my husband is going to be out of town for several days and then eat it for three days. It gets better with time. Make this dish a couple hours before you want to eat it. This will allow all the veggies and the pasta to soak up the dressing. Soooo good!
You need to make this! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 1½ c. acini di pepe pasta (or any small pasta like orzo)
- ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. red grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. yellow grape tomatoes, halved (can use 2 c. of red grape tomatoes)
- 1 c. finely sliced radicchio
- ½ c. finely diced red onion
- 1½ c. basil leaves, torn into large pieces
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Meanwhile, you can get everything else ready to go.
- Toss the rinsed pasta with the olive oil, red wine vinegar and the salt. Fold in the tomatoes, radicchio, onion, basil and feta cheese.