Cooking bacon in the oven is one of the best things ever! It’s only been lately that I’ve started cooking bacon in my oven and I’m pretty sure I’ll never go back to doing it on the stove again. It makes such a mess!
Cooking bacon in the oven does take longer than in a skillet on the stove, but the cleanup is a lot easier and quicker.
To Make –
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
- Place the uncooked bacon on the foil. Try not to overlap the bacon.
- Place the cookie sheet in a cold oven and turn the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and then check the bacon. If you like it to be more chewy, like the photo at the top, then cook for 20 minutes. If you would like your bacon crispier then cook for 22-25 minutes. I would check the bacon in 5 minute increments after the 18-20 minutes to keep from overcooking the bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked to desired doneness then remove the bacon from the cookie sheet and place on paper towels to drain.
Cleanup for this couldn’t be any easier. Simple pull the foil off the cookie sheet and roll into a ball. Being careful not to spill any of the grease. Super quick and easy.