S’mores Hot Chocolate is a creamy, chocolaty decadent treat.
I think winter is upon us (at least for a couple days). Yesterday it was 43 degrees as a high with rain and snow. A couple of days ago it was 70 degrees. With the sudden change in weather it was time for some hot chocolate. Not just any kind of hot chocolate, but s’mores hot chocolate!
Oh my, what can I say about this hot chocolate other than it’s to die for! It’s so rich and decadent, full of chocolate and marshmallows. The best part? I can actually drink the whole thing and not feel sick because it’s made with almond milk. A lactose-intolerant’s dream come true.
I’ve been lactose-intolerant since I was 15 years old. It was devastating to have this problem because I loved cereal as a kid! Ate it every day for breakfast. I’ve tried the pills you can take to help aid in digesting dairy, but they never worked for me. Never! I’ve basically been eating my cereal dry for 25 years.
I’m pretty stubborn and convinced myself that almond milk or soy milk would either make me sick or I wouldn’t like it. I was wrong about the almond milk, it’s pretty good. I haven’t tried soy milk yet. Now I can enjoy this hot chocolate and all my favorite sugar-coated cereals.
I hope you enjoy this hot chocolate.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- chocolate syrup
- On a small plate drizzle the honey and then roll the rim of your mug around in it. On another small plate add your graham cracker crusts and repeat the process of rolling the rim of your mug in it.
- In a small saucepan, add the milk, semi-sweet chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Be sure to constantly be stirring.
- Pour into a mug, top with marshmallows and then using a kitchen torch heat the marshmallows up until they are toasty brown.
- Drizzle with lots of chocolate syrup and more graham cracker crumbs.
Adapted from Ari’s Menu