Hello! Today I want to talk to you about my updated evening skincare routine. I go through a multi-step process for my skincare, but it takes me less than 10 minutes to complete and that includes brushing my teeth.
1. I take off my makeup either using the Makeup Eraser or the Sephora Cleansing Water with a cotton pad. I use the makeup eraser more than the cleansing water and I’ll do a post on these in the future.
2. Next, I take a washcloth and warm it with very warm water water and place it over my face. I lay it on my face and press it against my chin, nose and forehead. This allows the steam to open my pores. I feel like opening the pores before applying cleanser helps to get my pores really clean. The water I use is warmer than I would use to wash my face, but not burning hot. You need it to be warm enough that it will open your pores.
3. Now it’s time to wash my face. I like to use my Clarisonic Mia with the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser. I have the original Clarisonic Mia and I love it. I can definitely tell a difference with my skin when I don’t use it. I swear it makes my skin look younger. For my cleanser, I’m currently using the Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but it’s almost out and I’ll probably try something else. I really like this cleanser. My skin feels clean without feeling like it stripped what little oil I have in my face(hello, semi-dry skin!) and doesn’t break out my skin. I apply my cleanser to the clarisonic brush and let it vibrate across my face. I start with my forehead, then my cheeks, nose and lastly the hairline. The brush does a great job of getting rid of any grease and dirt. I like that it’s timed so I don’t overdue it.
4. Once I rinse the soap off my face then I apply an eye cream. I’m using the e.l.f. Hydrating Under Eye Primer. I’m really loving this primer as an eye cream. I use it as an eye cream at night and during the day I use it differently. The best part of this product is that it’s only $3. If the area under your eye is really dry then this primer will not work. It’s better suited for normal to oil skin.
5. After my eye cream, I apply moisturizer to my face. I’ve been using Philosophy Renewed Hope in A Jar. I really love this moisturizer! It’s been perfect for my skin. Gives me enough moisture to calm my dry skin, but not too much oil that my nose becomes a grease ball or break me out. It’s super expensive, but one jar lasts me at least 6 months.
6. Lastly, I use a lip scrub on my lips and then coat with a nice thick balm. I like to use the Bliss Fabulips Sugar Scrub . It’s not too abrasive, but gets the job done. One jar of this will last you a very long time.
I think skincare is super important and a good skincare regimen should begin in the teens. The older you get the more important it is. As I mentioned at the beginning this doesn’t take me very long and the benefits are amazing. What is your evening skincare regimen?
**This is not a sponsored post. I have purchased all these products with my own money. There are no affialiate links in this post.**