Crazy simple, 3-ingredient, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
I love everything about Fall, the decorations, the crisp cool air, the changing colors and of course, pumpkin dishes. Funny enough, I don’t like savory pumpkin dishes just the sweet ones. Weird, I know. These muffins have to be my favorite and only 3-ingredients.
3-ingredient muffins? Are you kidding me?! Nope! It truly works. I had a friend who forwarded me a picture on Facebook that showed a can of pumpkin and a cake mix with three little instructions. She sent it to me asking if one could make muffins with just those ingredients. I didn’t know, but i was willing to test it. I admit to being a bit skeptical about them turning out because there was no liquid involved.
I decided to add some chocolate chips because I love them in pumpkin cookies. These muffins taste just like the cookies, but are much quicker and simpler plus you can eat them for breakfast. Always a plus in my book.
These are perfect for busy mornings that require a simple breakfast that is easy to eat on the go. I sent these to work with my husband each morning and he loved them.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix and pumpkin. Mix until the cake mix is completely incorporated into the pumpkin mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop fill each muffin cup with the mix. I filled them to the top. I got 12 muffins out of this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then serve.
These are heavily adapted from a picture I received on Facebook. I could not find the origin of the picture.