I have an obsession with foundations. I love them and anytime I see a new one I feel the need to buy it and try it. Hence, how this beauty landed in my hands. This is an obnoxiously, once-in-a-lifetime purchase, priced foundation. Like $50 worth of foundation. I’ve been dying to try it and it took my husband to convince me to buy it. I am so glad I listened to him. It’s a fantastic foundation. If you’re interested in my thoughts, please read on.
Product: Diorskin Forever Foundation by Dior. My color is in Ivory. There are 12 shades available.
Where I bought it: I bought mine from Sephora. You can also find this on Dior’s website.
Product Claims: Dior claims this foundation is a long-wearing, semi-matte foundation with a broad spectrum SPF 25.
1. The packaging is beautiful. I love the cloudy, glass bottle with the black writing. Very elegant. Also, this has a pump and there is nothing better than a pump for a foundation. Makes it easy to control the amount you use and more hygienic.
2. This has a slight fragrance. Generally, I have an issue with fragrances, but this one is light enough that it doesn’t bother me. The smell reminds me of perfume my paternal grandmother wore when I was a kid.
3. This foundation has a medium coverage, but it’s easy to build up to full coverage and not look cakey. It gives my face a flawless semi-matte finish.
1. This is not a great foundation if you have oily skin. I set this with a powder, but was shiny within 3 hours. I have oily skin in the summer and dry skin in winter. This will be great for winter.
2. I didn’t like how this foundation looked when I applied it with my fingers. Using my fingers sheered it out too much. I much prefer using my beauty blender to blend this foundation into my skin.
3. Price, obviously.
Despite the price and that it doesn’t keep my face matte for long, I love this foundation. The glow and coverage this gives my face is just beautiful. This has easily become my favorite foundation.