The perfect sweet and sour fruit salad for any occasion.
It’s hard to believe that this is going to be one of my last recipes for 2014. Time goes by fast.
It’s also hard to believe Christmas is in a few days and I can finally say I’m ready. Wasn’t sure if I was going to get it together in time, but did. I’m usually more organized, but Christmas kind of snuck up on me this year.
This recipe shouldn’t even be called a recipe, it’s one of those add a little of this and a little of that. I’m sure every food blogger has this dish in their repertoire.
My mom and I have been making this recipe since I was a teenager. It’s very well loved in my family, especially by my dad.
The best part of this recipe is you can add what you want and how much. You can add some nuts or coconut. If you don’t like green grapes then you can do red grapes instead or a different kind of fruit. Just remember to get the seedless kind of grapes. I didn’t once and it wasn’t a pleasant experience.
We are having my husbands family over for a big Christmas Eve dinner and this is on the menu. I love the creaminess of this salad and how it has a balance of sweetness mixed with the sourness of the fruit and sour cream. It’s great to have this salad if you are going to have a lot of rich dishes on your menu. Helps to cut the richness and give your palate a break.
What is on your Christmas menu?
- 1 cup of seedless grapes. Can be red or green. Leave them in whole or slice them in half.
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, add the grapes, pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows and sour cream. Mix well.
- You can serve this immediately or refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving.