These sweet and tangy Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops are perfect for an elegant dinner party or for any night of the week!
Hi Everybody! Let’s talk pork chops, shall we? I have a love/hate relationship with pork chops. I love eating them, but I have the hardest time coming up with different and unique ways to cook them.
I never seem to have this problem with chicken, but pork chops…ugh. Until now.
This is one of those recipes that I dream about and crave. It has the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. It doesn’t get much better than a mix of Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar.
As I stated before this dish is so decadent looking that it makes a perfect dish for a small, elegant dinner party, but simple enough that you can make any day of the week.
What do you do with pork chops?
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. finely diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, add the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork.
- Place the pork chops in the casserole dish and toss to evenly coat the pork chops with the seasonings and olive oil.
- Place the casserole dish in the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, add the olive oil and diced onion. Over medium heat, saute for 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and garlic. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops and bake for 30-40 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.