These simple and chewy Gingersnaps with White Chocolate Chips are the perfect treat for this holiday season.
Hi Everybody! Today’s recipe is all about the gingersnap. These cookies are so dang good! I could eat the whole batch of these. Seriously! And I’m not a big cookie eater. Not that I don’t love cookies, but given a choice between cake and a cookie, the cake will win out every.single.time.
Funny story about these cookies. Last year I participated in a food bloggers cookie swap and received a batch of these cookies with the recipe. I wish I could remember the blogger who mailed me these cookies. We loved them so much I decided I was going to make them this year. I was so excited to get in the kitchen and crank these babies out.
Started out with the discovery that we were out of eggs. Oops. Sent the husband to the store to get more. Definitely should check my supplies before baking. Got the eggs and got the cookies started. Things were great and I was so impressed with myself for making cookies even if my kitchen looked like a flour bomb had gone off.
Finally the time had come to eat them. I was so excited and dived right in. Took my first bite and thought “hmm…these are good, but they seem like they are missing something.” “Honey, do they seem like they are missing something?” I got an I’m not sure response from him. I think I repeated the same phrase a dozen more times as I kept testing the cookies. I couldn’t figure out what the heck was wrong with them until I looked at the recipe and realized I forgot to put cinnamon in the cookies. Duh! No wonder they tasted a bit off. Still good, but not quite as good as the batch with cinnamon.
Morale\ of the store – don’t forget the cinnamon! This might be why I don’t make cookies…
Anyhow, I promise you will love these cookies. They are beyond delicious and oh so soft.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups flour
- ½ bag of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep baking sheets by spraying them with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl (can use a stand mixer), add butter and sugar and cream together.
- Mix in the molasses, oil, vanilla, baking soda, salt and spices until well combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour. I did ½ cup at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into balls and roll them in sugar. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
These Gingersnap cookies with White Chocolate Chips are a must on your holiday baking list. They are so soft and chewy and deliciously flavorable. I am not a cookie baker…at all. But, these are super easy and pretty quick to put together. If I can make these anyone can make them.
I love all the treats that surround Christmas season. All those sugar cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, etc. so much sugary goodness. It’s fun to give all these treats to family, co-workers, neighbors and these cookies would make a great gift.