I hope you all are having a better week than I. I wanted to have this post up yesterday, but I injured my neck doing housework on Monday. Yes, doing housework. How does one do that? I have no idea because I’m not sure what I was doing on Monday, but found myself in a lot of pain on Monday afternoon. It was worse lying down . So I ended up in Instacare on Tuesday night and the doctor tells me I tore my trapezius muscle in my neck on the left side. She said it’s a common injury and it will heal itself. I was told to do nothing for 4 days(don’t tell my husband I’m on the computer 🙂 ), gave me a ton of meds and sent me home. Took till Wednesday night before some of the pain subsided. I’ve been semi-good about not doing anything. I did do a bit too much last night and paid for it this morning. I’m thinking of resigning from housework, who knew it was so dangerous. LOL!
By the way, I’m not a fan of muscle relaxers, they knock me out for hours. No wonder she didn’t want me to go to work for the rest of the week. Anyway…let’s get to why you are here.
I love having a look into people’s purses, makeup bags and travel makeup bags. It’s just so fun to see what people have in there. This is my work makeup bag, I usually keep this in my desk at work, but right now I’m a temp so I keep it in my work bag. I do pack quite a bit into it. I don’t keep this much stuff in my purse makeup bag.
I like to be prepared for anything and I have oily skin so my makeup looks a bit weak after a few hours so I like having some general makeup on hand to perk my look up.
So in no particular order, here is my list of items in my work makeup bag.
1. The bag came from Urban Decay. It’s meant to hold the Vice 3 makeup pallet, but I loved the size and find it to be perfect for all my stuff.
2. Mini-hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. I have several different scents in my bathroom and change them out with the season. This one is Vanilla Bean Noel.
3. Cover Girl pressed powder compact. Can’t remember the name or color. The information on the bottom has rubbed off. This also serves as my mirror.
4. Tarte Oil-absorbing blotting papers.
5. A Shout Wipe and Go Instant Stain Remover. You never know when you will need to clean up your clothes.
6. L’Occitane Hand Cream. This one is in lavender.
7. Too Faced Better Than Sex mini mascara in black.
8. Mally eye shadow stick in Twilight. A nice neutral goldenish brown eye shadow.
9. Tarte eye liner in Cashmere. The perfect brown eye liner.
10. A mini sugar rose lip balm. My favorite lip balm.
11. Another generic lip balm my doctor’s office gave me after getting my flu shot.
12. Eye drops for dry, red eyes. A must when you spend all day on the computer.
13. Sephora compact hair brush. Love this little brush.
14. A barrette
15. Smashbox stick concealer in 3.0
16. A mini Stila cream blush in peony. My favorite of their blushes.
16. I like to keep a variety of lipstick and glosses in my bag. That way I know one of them will match what I’m wearing. I have a Too Faced lipstick in Stiletto Red. Love it. I have nude lip gloss from Buxom in White Russian. I have a NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose, the perfect shade of pink that goes with anything. A pink gloss by Maybelline Elixir in Blush Essence. This gloss can be worn alone or over the Tea Rose lipstick.
That’s it. All the essentials one needs to keep their look fresh while at work.
Do you have a work makeup bag? Share with me what you keep in it.