Crockpot Turkey Pepperoni Pizza Dip is the perfect hot and cheesy dip for your next party.
I am one of those people that cringes when I’m asked to bring an appetizer to a party. Why? I think it’s because I only have a few appetizer dishes in my repertoire, and feel like I take the same ones to the same party. Anyone else feel that way? It’s football season which means lots of parties to attend, and I wanted to be prepared with something new.
Pizza is the perfect party food so why not make it into a dip and use the crockpot so you don’t have to worry about keeping it warm. This dish is so creamy and cheesy; I couldn’t get enough of this dip. It’s somewhat healthy because I used a few low-fat ingredients, but in the end, I’m pretty sure this is a very fattening dish and isn’t that what makes a party fun?!
This dish is a breeze to put together. Layer all the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on high for an hour and it’s done. Serve with crostini’s or any type of bread. You can keep this on the warm setting for a couple of hours and it will last through your party.
Tip: I placed the cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl and heated it up for 30 seconds to a minute. This allowed it to get super soft so I could combine it with the other ingredients.
- 1 package (8 oz.)Non-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 Tablespoons turkey pepperoni slices (you can use traditional pepperoni)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Crostini’s or the bread of your choice for dipping
- In a small bowl, blend together the cream cheese with the mayonnaise, garlic powder and dried basil. Mix in ½ cup of the mozzarella. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of the crock-pot.
- Place half the turkey pepperoni slices in an even layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle another ½ cup of the mozzarella over top, then sprinkle with ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour pizza sauce over the cheese and spread evenly with the back of a spatula.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Top with more turkey pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Serve with bread.