Today I’m sharing my last recipe in my no-cook series. As you’ve heard before, I’ve been avoiding my stove and oven the last couple of weeks because it’s so hot here in Utah. You can find my previous two recipes here and here.
This recipe is a copycat of a pie from a local restaurant. I’ve changed it a bit to suit our tastes, and it was a huge hit. It’s a nice light and airy dessert considering there are 2 packages of cream cheese in it.
I cheated a bit on this recipe, as I’ve been known to do. I’m all for taking pre-made products and turning them into something delicious with fresh ingredients. I love to cook, but I don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen, especially in the summer.
It’s super quick to put together. You need a graham cracker crust (premade or
homemade), 2 packages cream cheese, cool whip, vanilla and strawberries. I
bought a container of strawberries and sliced almost half of the strawberries to fold into
the pie and used 3 or 4 to garnish the top of the pie.
You will want this Strawberry Cream Pie in your life, I promise.
- 1 graham cracker crust (premade or homemade)
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed
- Strawberries*, sliced and divided
- *Strawberries- slice as many strawberries as you want. I sliced about half a pint and folded it into the cream cheese mixture. You can add more or less. I used 3 or 4 sliced strawberries to garnish the top of the pie.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla bean paste. Mix until well blended. Will be fluffy.
- Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Pour creamy mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Garnish top of pie with more sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.