In yesterday’s post I mentioned how I’m boycotting the oven and the stove this summer in favor of making a few no-cook recipes. Today, I have a fabulous Chinese Chicken Salad Sandwich. I love this sandwich and I’m not a sandwich fan. It was quick to put together and full of flavor.
To make this a no-cook recipe I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Have I told you how much I love these chickens and how versatile they are?? In case you missed it here are a series of posts I did using one rotisserie chicken.
The key to this fabulous dish is the dressing, Sesame-Ginger dressing. I love this dressing. The mix of the sesame oil with garlic and ginger is just so wonderful. It would be great on a green salad as well.
My fiancé and I loved this dish and admittedly ate several between us. This would be a great sandwich to take on a picnic.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 11 oz. can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ⅛ cup peanuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sesame-ginger dressing - see below
- Rolls, I used Kaiser Onion Rolls
- Sesame-Ginger Dressing:
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3½ tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chicken, drained mandarin oranges, cabbage, peanuts and green onion. Mix well.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the sesame dressing over the mixture and mix well.
- Place on rolls and drizzle a bit more dressing over the roll.
- Sesame Ginger Dressing:
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.