This Shrimp Scampi is so delicious and lemony. It was a big hit in my house. The best part is that it takes less than 30 minutes to put together. Quick and delicious, you can’t do better than that. This is also very healthy since I used olive oil instead of butter.
A couple of tips about this recipe, you can substitute chicken broth for the white wine. Second, if you use pre-cooked frozen shrimp, which I did, be sure to let it thaw before cooking it. Unthawed shrimp produces a lot of liquid which could weaken the flavors in your sauce.
- 8 oz. linguine
- 12 oz. medium shrimp, deveined and peeled. I used pre-cooked frozen shrimp. Be sure to thaw before cooking.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes. You can use more or less.
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken stock
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- zest of 1 lemon
- dash of dried parsley
- shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- If using frozen shrimp be sure to thaw and drain off the excess liquid.
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add your olive oil.
- Add the shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until shrimp is cooked (warmed if using pre-cooked frozen shrimp). Takes around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the pasta into the sauce mixture and mix well. Add the lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve with the parmesan cheese.