Ahh…salsa chicken. A classic dish. It’s easy, cheesy and a little bit spicy.
I first got this recipe from a friend who had a cooking blog. I don’t think she has it anymore, but she had some great recipes on it and this is one of them.
I know the picture isn’t great, it’s one of those pictures that sounded great in theory, but doesn’t look great. It’s too good to not post so here it is in all it’s glory.
If you need a quick dish that your family will love then this is it.
- 4 to 6 chicken tenders
- 1½ cups salsa, I used mild
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the salsa on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with some of the taco seasoning. Turn the chicken over and sprinkle the other side with taco seasoning.
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 degrees. Until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Top the chicken with the cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.