This is my final salsa for the week and my absolute favorite. This recipe is from The Pioneer Woman and I’ve been making it for about 3 years. I’ve changed it up a bit, but essentially it’s the same.
Speaking of The Pioneer Woman, I have been a fan of hers since the beginning of her blog, before her fame, before her cookbooks (I own all of them) and pre-tv show. To me she is absolutely hilarious and the food delicious, it doesn’t hurt that she’s a fan of basset hounds too.
I love that you can make a different salsa depending on your mood. If I’m having a party or wanting a garnish on a Mexican dish then I can make my Garden Fresh salsa. If I’m making chicken enchiladas then I can use my Tomatillo salsa as a sauce. This one is perfect when you want to sit on the couch, munch on chips and salsa and watch a great movie. Reminds me of the salsa’s I eat at my favorite Mexican restaurants. I love that it has a bit of heat, lots of tomato and not really thick. To me that’s the perfect salsa.
To make –
- Gather all your ingredients – canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeno, salt, cilantro and lime.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food chopper and blend until you get the consistency you want.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
*Remember to adjust the amount of each ingredient to your personal taste. This is how I like it, but you may want it spicier or not spicy at all.
- 1 14.5 ounce Whole Tomatoes with Juice
- 10 ounce Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 whole Jalapeno, sliced and deseeded
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ½ whole lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food chopped and blend till you get the desired consistency you like.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.