These potatoes were so good they leave me speechless. I don’t even know what to say except if you like ooey, gooey, cheesy potatoes, then this dish is for you. This is not for the faint of heart, it has a million calories, but makes a great special occasion dish like Valentine’s Day or any special holiday.
I made this dish for dinner one night and myself, my guy and his brother scarfed these down in minutes. Oh, and see those dark brown bits in the picture? You want these. Makes them that much better.
Your kids will love these too!
Cheesy Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Author: Adapted from Damn Delicious
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ⅛-inch thick slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 9 tbsp grated Parmesan, divided, plus more for broiling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a pie dish with non-stick spray.
- In a saucepan, add the heavy cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg. Heat over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Don't bring to a boil. Takes just a couple of minutes.
- In a pie dish, lay down a layer of potatoes, overlapping them. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Pour ⅓ cup of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp. of the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the process to create two more layers.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once they are done in the oven then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and broil for about 8 minutes. Don't let it get too brown, but you do want the top layer to be a bit crunchy.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)