We love waffles in this house, we have them every Sunday. We’ve even been known to make them during the week too. We might have a waffle problem.
I usually just top my waffles with butter and whip cream, but sometimes you need something more. Blueberry compote is not a new discovery in the culinary world, but it was my first time making it. I decided to add another element to the compote so I added vanilla bean paste. You can’t go wrong when you add vanilla bean paste to anything.
This is a quick dish. Takes about 20 minutes to make. Kids will love this especially if you add some whipped cream on top.
Do you like waffles? What do you put on top of your waffles?
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. water
- Place 1 cup of blueberries and all the other ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the last 1 cup of blueberries and continue to simmer for 8 more minutes.