Growing up I was not a fan of meatloaf. I just did not like it…at all. That all changed many years ago (like over 18 years ago) when I found a meatloaf recipe in an ad from Campbell’s Soup and I’ve never made any other type of meatloaf.
I’ve made this for several people who hate meatloaf and I have to say this meatloaf changed their minds, just like it did mine.
Be sure you make the accompanying sauce, it’s what makes this meatloaf sing. Can meatloaf sing? Hmm…I don’t think so, but you know what I mean. 🙂
- 1 can of Tomato Soup
- 2 pds. ground beef
- 1 pouch of onion soup mix
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly ½ of the tomato soup, beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and the egg.
- In a loaf pan, pour in the meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1¼ hours or until meatloaf is no longer pink.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the rest of the tomato soup, water and some of the drippings from the meatloaf.
- Heat sauce through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with the meatloaf.