Soo…I learned a hard lesson last week. Never let your anti-virus protection on your computer expire. Bad things happen when you do. Trust me on this…It’s a very expensive mistake to make.
But, now it’s all fixed and I’m back to blogging and cooking.
Today is all about the potato. I love potatoes. I think it has to do with me being from Idaho, you basically have to love potatoes to live in Idaho. It’s a requirement. I could eat potatoes for every meal. I’m not even kidding. It’s a necessity in life…like steak. Oh…I love steak. Ahem…that’s a post for another day. Back to the potatoes. And, what’s better than garlic + potatoes?
I love the look of smashed potatoes and thought it would be fun to try them. They were pretty easy to make just be sure you don’t smash them too much. That was my issue. I got smash happy, which makes a mess, but they are still yummy.
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, I used red potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 to 3 tsp. minced garlic, you can adjust how much or how little of the garlic you want.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Boil potatoes in salt water until they are just fork tender. This takes about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooled potatoes from the pan and place on the baking sheet. Take a fork, your thumb or a potato masher (that's what I used) and gently smash them. Try not to smash them apart, but if that happens it's ok. They'll still be good.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes. Add the salt and pepper.
- Take the minced garlic and drop over the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.