Today I’m sharing my second recipe that I made using 1 rotissere chicken, barbecue chicken pizza.
We love pizza in this house, who doesn’t? A great tradition is to have a Friday night pizza date with your family. Pizza is quick and easy to put together and the kids love helping put it together.
This pizza is a copy-cat recipe of California Pizza Kitchen’s BBQ chicken. I got this from a friend a couple of years ago, and it tastes so much like their pizza that I feel like I’m eating at a restaurant instead of at home.
A few tips about this recipe –
1. I didn’t make my own pizza crust, I use Boboli pizza crust from the grocery store. Feel free to use any type of pizza dough you like.
2. This recipe calls for 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast. I used about a 1 to 2 cups of shredded chicken from my rotiserre chicken. You can also use baked or boiled chicken for this recipe.
3. I do recommend KC Masterpiece Original barbecue sauce because I love it not because of any sponsporship. In fact, they don’t even know I’m recommending their sauce. 🙂
I hope you give this pizza a try and let me know what you think.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece Original barbecue sauce
- ½ cup grated smoked gouda
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- pizza dough of your choice
- Take the shredded chicken and mix with half(1/4 cup) of the barbecue sauce. Let it marinate.
- Layer the following ingredients on the pizza dough - the remaining barbecue sauce, the shredded chicken, smoked gouda, sliced red onion, the mozzarella and the cilantro.
- Bake according to pizza dough directions.