A couple of weeks ago I was working on my weekly menu planning and wanted to get a pre-cooked rotissere chicken from the grocery store. I love those, but knew after one meal that there would be lots of it left. So, I got the idea to try and make three meals out of the one chicken. I figured this would save me time and money.
I was correct.
I was able to get three dishes out of it and we still had a little bit left.
Today, I’m sharing my favorite chicken dish, Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. These are sooo tasty. I love the lime, honey and chili mix that the chicken soaks in. Gives it so much flavor.
I’m positive these will become your favorite too.
Wednesday – I’ll be sharing my chicken taco soup
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tsps to 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 to 2 cups of rotissere chicken, shredded.
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 14-oz can of green enchilada sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup of heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the shredded chicken in a bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and stir. Set aside for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and the heavy cream.
- Spread about a ½ cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a large spoonful of chicken to the middle of a corn tortilla in a line.
- Top with a pinch of cheese and place seam-side down into the baking pan.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken, cheese and tortillas.
- Pour the remaining green enchilada and heavy cream sauce over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cheese should be melted and bubbly and starting to brown on top.