This recipe is my new favorite. It is so yummy, light and lemony. Perfect for a spring/summer dinner. I know it’s still officially winter, but I couldn’t wait to share this recipe with you. I had this dish made in under 20 minutes, ideal for a busy weeknight.
If you are looking for a new fish recipe to add to your repetoire, then this is it. I promise you will love it.
- 8 oz orzo
- 1 7-ounce package pink salmon
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 small green onions, sliced
- ½ cup non-fat or light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dillweed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. If you are concerned about your sodium intake then only lightly salt your water.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it in cold water. This will stop the cooking process. Transfer to a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Dice your cucumber and slice your onions. Add these to a different bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the orzo pasta and mix well.
- Serve immediately