Easy Marinara Sauce is the perfect dish for busy weeknights. In less than 30 minutes you can have a delicious sauce that tastes like it’s been simmering all day.
If you’re in the need for a quick dinner that will satisfy the whole family, this is it. Less than 30 minutes and you’re done.
Marinara sauce is one of those dishes that every home cook should have in their repertoire. It’s simple, easy, a classic and you can make this for family or a guests.
I like a sweet and spicy marinara sauce and that’s exactly what this is. If you aren’t a fan of spice you can leave out the red pepper flakes, but don’t leave out the sugar. The sugar marries all the ingredients together. It helps the tomatoes not be so tart and helps bind all the spices together.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1-2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cold saucepan and warm over medium heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Takes about 1 minute. Don't let the garlic burn or it will become bitter.
- Pour the can of crushed tomatoes into the pan. Add the oregano, basil, sugar and salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately over your favorite pasta.