Giada’s Lemon Spaghetti is a light and refreshing pasta dish with lots of lemon, cheese and basil.
I have heard a lot of good things about Giada’s Lemon Spaghetti over the years (I guess it’s her most popular dish!), but it took me a long time to try it. I love lemon, but my husband is not as big of fan of it, and I was worried the lemon in this dish would be overwhelming. It’s not!
The lemon gives the spaghetti a light, tart taste and the mix of the Parmesan cheese and basil are the perfect compliment to the tartness. This was hands down a favorite in our house. We gobbled it up quickly.
I didn’t change anything from Giada’s original recipe. Next time I may add a bit more basil and double the recipe. It was that good!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (It took 4 small lemons for me to get enough juice. Giada says 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonad
- Boil pasta in a large pot of salted water and cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water for later.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce adding the pasta water 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with the lemon zest and basil.
Adapted from Food Network