Baked Chicken Thighs – Crispy, tender chicken thighs exquisitely seasoned and baked to perfection.
Chicken thighs is one of those meats that I look at and wonder what to do with it. I can come up with a dozen of recipes for chicken breasts, but chicken thighs always stumps me. Until now.
These chicken thighs are perfectly seasoned with garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, paprika and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Then they are baked until crispy. Perfect for a quiet weeknight at home with the family or for when you want to have an impressive dinner for guests.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray surface with cooking spray.
- Combine all spices in a bowl.
- Place chicken thighs onto the foil skin down, pat dry with a paper towel and then liberally season the underside of the thigh.
- Flip the chicken thighs over so they are skin side up, pat dry with a paper towel, and season liberally.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 1 hour. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, juices run clear and there is no pink meat.