The theme for this week’s Sunday Supper Movement is all about dishes for Father’s Day. And I have a great one for you!
My husband loves blue cheese…like a lot! He also loves burgers and bacon, so why not combine the two?!
These burgers are so delicious and that’ a lot coming from me because I don’t like blue cheese. Like not at all. BUT…I loved these burgers.
The heat from the cooking melted the cheese and made them nice and gooey and then of course everything is better with bacon.
I used this recipe from the Pioneer Woman for the crispy onion strings.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Batch of crispy onion strings
- hamburger buns
- Optional condiments: tomato, lettuce, additional blue cheese dressing
- Cook your bacon and make your crispy onion strings. I used Pioneer Woman's recipe for the crispy onion strings.
- In a bowl, add the beef, crumbled bacon, blue cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 4 patties. Making sure your patties are uniform in size.
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Place the burgers on the grates and close the grid. Cook for 3-5 minutes depending on how thick they are and how pink you want the center. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with the onions strings, your choice of condiments and buns.
Adapted from Andie Mitchell
Sunday Supper Father’s Day Menu Ideas
Sides Dad Will Love
- Best Dark and Stormy by Cricket’s Confections
- Spanish Cheese Plate by Caroline’s Cooking
- Sweet and Spicy Arnold Palmer by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mains for the Main Man
- Blue Cheese Bacon Burger with Crispy Onions Strings by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Chicken Fajita Burgers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chili Cheese Omelet by Food Lust People Love
- Chinese Chicken Salad by Pies and Plots
- Cider Braised Pork Belly Tacos by Gourmet Everyday
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches by Soulfully Made
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger (The JCB) by This is How I Cook
- Korean BBQ Steak Bowls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Out of a Can Chili by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pork Chops With Brandied Cherries by Mysavoryspoon
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Brownies by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Tofu Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Devils Food Strawberry Shortcake by The Freshman Cook
- Simple Fudgy Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Snickery Springform Cookie by What Smells So Good?
The Best Recipes You Need Now for Father’s Day by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.