Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are tender and coated in barbecue sauce. Using the Instant Pot allows you to cook these any day of the week.
I’m slowly working on loving my Instant Pot, we’ve had a lot of ups and downs together. So far these Baby Back Ribs and these Mashed Potatoes are the best things to come out of my Instant Pot. They are worth every penny that I spent on it.
Do you love your Instant Pot? What are your favorite recipes to make in it? Let me know!
Not only are these ribs tender and slathered in barbecue sauce, but they are ready to eat in under an hour. No more waiting till the weekend and spending a few hours waiting for them to be done on the grill. You can make these any day of the week. Wahoo!
To fit the ribs into the Instant Pot you will need to cut them down. I cut them into segments. I got three segments that had 3 bones each and 1 segment had 4 bones. I stacked the ribs on their sides in the Instant Pot. This allowed me to get them all in.
To give these incredible flavor I seasoned the ribs with a dry rub and added liquid smoke to the water. Then I slather them with barbecue sauce and broil them to give them a bit of crispy crust.
- 3 pounds baby back ribs cut into sections of three bones each.
- Dry rub of your choice
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Barbecue sauce
- Cut your baby back ribs into sections. I had 3 sections that had a set of three bones and 1 segment that had 4 bones.
- Rub the ribs with the dry rub of your choice.
- Add the ½ cup water to your Instant Pot and then add the liquid smoke. Place the rack onto the bottom of the pot (in the liquid)
- Stand the ribs on their side on top of the rack.
- Place the lid onto the pot and seal.
- Set on manual for 30 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and turn on your broiler.
- After the ribs are done in the Instant Pot take them out and place them on the baking sheet. Slather one side of the ribs with barbecue sauce and broil for 3-4 minutes. Take them out, turn them over and slather the other side with barbecue sauce and place back into the broiler for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and extra barbecue sauce.