Summertime Tortellini Pasta Salad is packed full of tomatoes, peppers and cheese tortellini. It’s topped off with Italian Dressing. Perfect for Summertime picnics.
You guys! Memorial Day is just around the corner and then Summer. My favorite time of year. I love hot weather and as I get older I love it even more. Seems crazy to me that I love Summer so much considering I’ve spent my whole life in Idaho and Utah which are not exactly hot places most of the year. Like yesterday when it snowed. Sigh…Utah…you produce some crazy weather.
One of the best things about Summer are the outdoor festivities especially when they include food. My favorite food to take are cold pasta salads. This has been my go-to pasta salad for years and now I have this one.
Summertime Tortellini Pasta Salad is quick to put together and only requires 7 ingredients. Make this the night before your party for best results.
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 20 pieces of Pepperoni*, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the tortellini and the rest of the ingredients. Mix together and chill at least two hours. It's even better to make the night before.