Rice, Bean and Cheese Bake – All the best ingredients from your favorite Mexican dishes in one casserole.
A couple of weeks ago, I was lamenting to a friend on FB about how I had ruined three dinners in a row and feeling bad that my husband had to eat such terrible meals (recipe testing is not always successful) and she mentioned that my husband was lucky to have a food blogger for a wife. She was just certain that he always got great meals. Sadly, that is not true. Sometimes he gets frozen pizza because I either forgot to get something out for dinner or the dish I made was awful.
Luckily, I make some winners and this is one of them. I love the combo of Spanish rice and refried beans, two of my favorite foods. Not only is this dish good, but it’s super easy to put together and only takes 20 minutes to cook.
- 1 can Refried Beans
- 1 box Spanish Rice
- 8 oz cheese. I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella. You could use Mexican blend or any favorite cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 casserole pan. Use can also use an 8x8 pan.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of the casserole pan.
- Spread the cooked rice on top of the beans.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.