Classic Pumpkin Pie is creamy and sweet with a hint of spice. The perfect pie for all your holiday parties.
Thanksgiving may be over, but that doesn’t mean eating pumpkin pie is over. We love pumpkin pie for Christmas as well as Thanksgiving. I’ve made this classic pie from Libby’s for many, many years. I’ve tried a few variations, but always come back to this one. It is really the perfect recipe and I get many compliments on it. Sometimes you can’t mess with a classic.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can(15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch, deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place empty pie shell onto a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add the beaten eggs, pumpkin and the sugar-cinnamon mixture and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Pour into the pie shell. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees and continue cooking for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. The pie will be a bit jiggly.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours before serving.