This Garlic Lover’s Spaghetti is a garlic lover’s dream hence the name. Not only is it full of garlic, but it has a bit of spice to it as well. A must make if you love garlic!
Hello! It’s been a hot minute since I last posted. The end of Summer has been crazy and we’ve had lots of changes at work that I’m still working through so it’s been a bit quiet over here. Today I’m sharing our new favorite dish, garlic lover’s spaghetti. We are big lovers of garlic and I put it in almost every dish I make. This has quickly become a staple in our house. It’s the perfect quick dinner for busy nights or when you can’t think of anything to make. the ingredients are always on hand.
When making this dish I do use a nice dry white wine. Pick a white wine that isn’t super expensive, but one you would drink. Nothing worse than adding a wine you don’t like to a dish. You can totally taste it. If you don’t want to use wine use chicken broth. This will still give it lots of additional flavor. I also use red pepper flakes to add spice to this dish, but if serving to kids then you will want to skip it. No flavor will be lost.
Let me know if you love garlic as much as we do! Enjoy!
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6-8 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a large pot of salt, boiled water.
- Drain the pasta and set aside for later.
- In a large saute pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Be sure to constantly stir, you don't want the garlic to burn.
- Add in the white wine (chicken stock), Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to the garlic/butter sauce and mix until all pieces of spaghetti is coated with the sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.