Slow Cooker Mango Habenero Salsa Pulled Chicken is sweet and spicy. The perfect dish for your next Summer gathering.
Summer is such a fun time to entertain family and friends, but I don’t always want to spend a lot of time at the stove or grill and that’s when my slow cooker comes into play. Nothing better than not having to turn the oven on during the Summer, am I right?
Pulled Chicken sandwiches are such an easy dish to make especially when you use LA VICTORIA® Brand salsas combined with a tasty dry rub. For this recipe, I used their new Mango Habanero Salsa. This salsa is sweet and spicy which complimented my spicy dry rub. You can’t go wrong with sweet and spicy in the Summer.
Using LA VICTORIA® Brand salsa is the perfect way to add flavor and juice to your dish. No need to cut up the veggies or add water to the slow cooker. LA VICTORIA® Brand salsas did all the work for you. I’m a lazy cook when it’s super hot outside so these salsas are a life-saver!
LA VICTORIA® Brand is hosting a fantastic social giveaway called “View from My Plate.” They want you to visually share how and where you experience great flavor, too. Share a photo of your favorite dish on Instagram or Facebook. Use the hashtags #ViewFromMyPlate, #MangoHabaneroSalsa and tag @LaVictoriaBrand. The grand prize is a Classic Four-burner Gas Grill (valued at up to $500)! I wish I could enter!
- 2 lb. chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz. jar LA Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tbsp. oregano
- salt, pepper to taste
- Kaiser rolls
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients for the dry rub. Set aside.
- Pour the 16 oz bottle of salsa into the slow cooker.
- Take the dry rub and rub all over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Place into the slow cooker on top of the salsa.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- In the final hour shred the chicken and allow to marinate in the salsa for the remaining time.
- Serve on Kaiser rolls with a bit of chopped cabbage on top.
- For extra heat add more salsa on top of the chicken mixture.