Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Bake is easy, cheesy and packed with gnocchi and sausage.
There is nothing better than Italian comfort food and this has all the markings of a perfect comfort food. It has cheese, sausage, potatoes and did I mention cheese?
It’s super simple to put together and perfect for any day of the week.
I used packaged gnocchi that can be found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store. You can certainly make your own. For the sausage, I used mild Italian Sausage. This would also be good with spicy sausage too. Pepperoni or ground beef would also work well in this dish.
Serve with garlic bread and a green salad and you have a fantastic dinner that the whole family will love.
- 24 oz. Spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. Gnocchi
- 8 oz. mozzarella, sliced
- 2 Mild Italian Sausage links, decased and cooked
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- basil, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes less than what the package calls for. Drain. Set aside.
- Decase the Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink. Set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce onto the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
- Add half the mozzarella cheese on top of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and basil over the cheese.
- Add the sausage on top of the cheese and spices.
- Place the gnocchi over the sausage.
- Cover the mixture with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Arancini Di Riso from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Cacio e Uova Meatless Recipe from She Loves Biscotti
- Gnocchi alla Romana from Tramplingrose
- Italian Rice Balls from My World Simplified
- Rosemary Focaccia from Curious Cuisiniere
- Tomato Caprese with Burrata from Casa de Crews
- Asparagus and lemon risotto from Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Braised Italian-Style Beef Short Ribs from Hardly A Goddess
- Bruschetta Chicken from Meal Planning Magic
- Bucatini with Roasted Garlic Butter Tomato Sauce from The TipToe Fairy
- Cavatelli with Broccoli Rabe and Shrimp from Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Bake from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Vodka Sauce from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Eggplant Parmesan from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Fast Faux-Baked Ziti from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Fettuccine with Asparagus and Tomato from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Florentine Pizza from A Mind Full Mom
- Gluten Free Meatballs and Homemade Sauce from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Green and Yellow Artichoke Tortellini with Mushrooms, Pancetta and Spring Peas with White Wine Reduction from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Chicken Pesto Panini from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Homemade Fettuccini with Kale, Pancetta and a Poached Egg from Adventures in All Things Food
- Mushroom Bolognese Pasta Recipe from Life Tastes Good
- Parma Rosa Baked Ziti from Palatable Pastime
- Pasta can sarde a mare – pasta with sardines at sea from Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta e Fagioli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Penne Pasta with Sausage and Creamy Herb Sauce from Feeding Big and more
- Pesce all’Aqua Pazza from Monica’s Table
- Polenta-Crusted Italian Sausage Pies from Wholistic Woman
- Pumpkin Agnioletti from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Slow Cooker Lasagna from Food Lust People Love
- Stuffed Ravioli in Alfredo Sauce from The Freshman Cook
- Tuscan Kale Pesto Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Tuscan Porterhouse with Balsamic-Rosemary Steak Sauce and Seared Radicchio from The Texan New Yorker
- Tuscan Style Chicken Breasts from Simple and Savory
- Zuppa Toscana from Momma’s Meals
- Italian Berries, Mascarpone and Marsala Budini from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Berry Tiramisu from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Cake from Moore or Less Cooking
- Cherry Walnut Biscotti from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Tiramisu from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fiordilatte Gelatofrom Manu’s Menu
- Italian Cream Cheesecake from The Crumby Cupcake
- Lemoncello Tiramisu from The Redhead Baker
- Limoncello Cookies from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Orange and Almond Ricotta Cheesecake from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries from The Chef Next Door
- Salame al Cioccolato (Chocolate Salami) from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Panna Cotta from From Gate to Plate
- Tiramisu Semifreddo from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Wine and Cheese Chocolate Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Zabaglione Gelato from Magnolia Days
- Bicerin (Italian Coffee) from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Limoncello from Our Good Life
- Liquore all’Alloro from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sgroppino (Frothy Italian Sorbetto Cocktail) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
And Zucchini Torta plus More Recipes for Italian Fest from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement