Beer Bread is soft with a crunchy crust and packed with flavor. An ideal pairing with soup and chili.
I’d never heard of Beer Bread until I was watching a YouTube video of one of my favorite beauty bloggers, Ms.GoldGirl. She makes it often for her family and it looked pretty simple.
The first time I made it I used the wrong beer. Take it from me, don’t use a beer you wouldn’t drink. My husband had some beer in the fridge that I didn’t like, but he thought it was OK. Thinking most of the beer flavor would bake out I used a bottle of it. Nope, the flavor didn’t bake out and the flavor was super strong. Even my husband didn’t like it.
The next time I made this I used my favorite beer which is Corona. It was perfect for this bread. It gave the bread a nice beer flavor without being overwhelming.
I serve this with my turkey chili and it’s a bit hit with everyone.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 12-oz can beer
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Pour the beer into the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan. Pour the melted butter over the bread.
- Bake for 1 hour.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter !