Quick Swiss Apple Pie is full of apples, cherries, cinnamon and nutmeg. Quick, delicious and packed with flavor.
I have yet to meet a pie I haven’t liked. Cream pies, fruit pies, doesn’t matter what kind they are I like them. My husband loves most pies too especially apple and cherry. I was super excited when I found this pie from the Lion House. It’s a perfect mix of his two favorite pies. I’ve never heard of this pie before, but I’m super glad I gave it a shot. It’s so freakin’ good.
We love to have a dessert on Sunday’s, but sometimes I don’t want to spend a lot of time making it. This pie is the perfect solution for that. Takes just a few minutes to put together, bake and you are all set. My husband loves to serve this with ice cream and whipped cream. Never mind the calories! Ha! Ha!
- Pastry for a 9-inch double-crust pie
- 1 can (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 can (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pastry for the bottom crust and place in pie pan.
- Discard ⅓ cup of the juice from the cherry pie filling. Spoon the remaining cherry filling into the bottom of the pie shell.
- Spoon the entire can of apple pie filling over the cherries.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top of the fruit.
- Moisten the edges of the bottom pie crust with a bit of water and then add the top crust and seal.
- Cut 4 to 6 slits in the top of the pie crust to vent. Brush the top with a bit of milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cover pie crust edges with foil after 20 minutes to keep from burning.
Adapted from the Lion House Pies Cookbook
#SundaySupper Pies: Sweet & Savory
Sweet As Pie
- Apple Browned Butter Tart from The Chef Next Door
- Banana Cream Pie from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Blood Orange Pie from The TipToe Fairy
- Brown Sugar Pie from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cherry Cream Cheese Pie from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Pudding Pie from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Coconut Cream Pie from Family Foodie
- Easy Lemon Pie from Basic N Delicious
- Fresh Lemon Hand Pies from From Gate to Plate
- German Sweet Chocolate Pie from Meal Planning Magic
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Cherry Pie from NinjaBaker
- Gluten Free Dark Cherry Lemon Pie from Flippin’ Delicious
- Gluten Free Mini Irish Cream Chocolate Mousse Pies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grapefruit Pie from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Oatmeal Creme Pies from Pies and Plots
- Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie from The Crumby Cupcake
- Leaf Topped Apple Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Magic Cookie Bar Pie from Moore or Less Cooking
- Mixed Berry Hand Pies from My Imperfect Kitchen
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie from Feeding Big and More
- No Bake Blueberry Mini Filo-Pies from Hardly A Goddess
- No-Bake Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Tart from Magnolia Days
- Orange Meringue Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paifala (Samoan Pineapple Half Moon Pies) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie from Sweet Mornings
- Pear and Apple Tart from Delaware Girl Eats
- Perfect Manhattan Pie from The Texan New Yorker
- Pineapple Meringue Pie from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Swiss Apple Pie from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Raspberry Cheesecake Pudding Pie from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Mascarpone Tart from Taste And See
- Sugar Cream Pie (Hoosier Pie) from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Beef & Red Wine Pie from Wholistic Woman
- Cauliflower Cheese Pie with Grated Potato Crust from Food Lust People Love
- Chard and Parsnip Galette from Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tamale Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cornish Pasties from Palatable Pastime
- Homity Pie (British Potato Leek Pie) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Cheesy Artichoke and Asparagus Phyllo Pie from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Hand Pies from Brunch-n-Bites
- Irish Shepherds Pie from The Freshman Cook
- Jamaican “No-Beef” Patties from What Smells So Good?
- Mini Swiss Quiches from Family Around The Table
- Mushroom Swiss Quiche from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Pear and Roquefort Quiche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pizza Rustica from Monica’s Table
- Salmon Pot Pie from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Savory and Spicy Mincemeat Pie from eating in instead
- Shepherd’s Pie Hand Pies from Our Good Life
- Skillet Shepherd’s Pie from Life Tastes Good
- Spaghetti Pie from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Spicy Korean Cottage Pie from kimchi MOM
- Taco Hand Pies from Kitchen Gidget
- Weeknight Chicken Pot Pie from Books n’ Cooks
Plus Baked Puerto Rican Meat Pies and More Pie Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement