I think it’s about time for a new pizza recipe, don’t you think? You can never go wrong with pizza for dinner.
My husband and I enjoy going to a local pizza shop that allows you to make your own pizza. There are so many options and can be overwhelming so I tend to stick to ordering a pizza with everything on it. But lately in the kitchen, I’ve been branching out and trying new combinations and this is one of them. My husband loves cheese and gets googly eyes in the cheese section of our local store. We thought it would be fun to make a pizza with smoked mozzarella. It’s so good!
I love the combination of the smoked mozzarella with the spicy sausage, it gives a nice smoky flavor to the pizza with a bite of heat. Add the red onion and the scallions and you’ve got a winner.
The sausage I like to use is Italian Turkey Hot Sausage. I used two links. I decased them and crumbled them into a skillet and cooked until the sausage was no longer pink. You could also use Italian Turkey Sweet Sausage. It will still be just as good.
- Pizza dough
- ½ - 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup smoked mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 Italian Turkey Hot Sausage, cooked
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced (just use the green bits)
- Red pepper flakes, pepper, salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle the smoked mozzarella over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the other cheese.
- Add the sausage and red onion. Sprinkle to taste the red pepper flakes, pepper and salt.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the scallion over the pizza.
Linked to Meal Plan Monday Recipes at Southern Plate
Appetizers and Soups
- Borscht from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cheesy Garlic Crescent Rolls from Wallflour Girl
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms from Runner’s Tales
- Creamy Zucchini Soup from Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Garlic Chili Tiger Prawns from Food Lust People Love
- Honey Bacon Ranch Boneless Chicken Wings from From Gate to Plate
- Lion’s Head Meatball Soup from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- New England Seafood Chowder from Curious Cuisiniere
- Potato and Carrot Leek Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Steve’s Crab Dip from Monica’s Table
- Almond Breaded Pork Chops from Casa de Crews
- Bourbon Glazed Porkchops from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cauliflower Tetrazzini with Poblano Peppers from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Pot Pie from Feeding Big and more
- Cranberry Mustard Pork Chop Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Fideua (Catalan Pasta Paella) from Caroline’s Cooking
- French-Inspired Macaroni and Cheese from MyGourmetConnection
- Grandma’s Fried Chicken from The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Buffalo Quinoa Vegetable Bowls from Fearless Dining
- Huevos Rancheros from Palatable Pastime
- Indian Spiced Roast Salmon from Soni’s Food
- Italian Style Swiss Chard and Beans with Orecchietti Pasta from Delaware Girl Eats
- Korean Spicy Braised Mackerel from kimchi MOM
- Larb Gai (Spicy Thai Chicken Salad) from Rhubarb and Honey
- Mediterranean Flatbread from Magnolia Days
- Mustard-Crusted Pork Roast from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- New York Strip Roast Dinner from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Red Wine-Mushroom Braised Beef from The Crumby Cupcake
- Rustic Portuguese Chicken Stew from Family Foodie
- Sausage & Pasta in a Quick Tomato Sauce from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Savory Ham, Cheese and Sage Waffles from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Shrimp and Asparagus Crepes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Simple, Healthy, Light and Lemony Fettuccine from MidLife Road Trip
- Simple Roast Chicken from Get the Good Stuff
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup from Food Done Light
- Smoked Mozzarella and Sausage Pizza from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Smothered Pork Chops from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spinach Spätzli with Sage and Speck from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Turkey Cutlets with Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ultimate Mac and Cheese from Our Good Life
- Vegan Mexican Rice and Lentils from PancakeWarriors
- Ziti with Porcini Bolognese Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Gramma Buckholt’s Yeast Rolls from The Weekend Gourmet
- Lager and Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower from Nosh My Way
- Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls from Wholistic Woman
- Winter Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bacon Buttermilk Biscuit with Chocolate Gravy from Brunch-N-Bites
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Kahlua Buttercream Frosting from Flour On My Face
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart from Taste And See
- Death by Chocolate from Desserts Required
- Fudge Frosted Brownies from Party Food and Entertaining
- Gluten Free Tropical Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffins from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Layered Mousse Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pistachio Macaron with Apricot Ganache from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Take the Sunday Supper Month Pledge plus Family Friendly Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Help us celebrate National Sunday Supper Month by entering the Idaho® Potato Let’s Poutine recipe contest, sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission, with prizes of $500, $200 and $100, plus a ticket for each winner to Food and Wine Conference 2016. All the rules and conditions for entry can be found on our Sunday Supper Movement website.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.