Chicken! It’s our all-time favorite meat to eat., but it can get very boring, very quickly. But, not with this dish. Chicken doused in dijon mustard and coated with parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs makes for a very tasty dish.
For this dish, I used Tyson Chicken Breast Tenders that are frozen. I always have them in our freezer. If you don’t have chicken tenders then you can take 4 to 5 chicken breasts and slice them.
These are quick and easy to put together. So easy in fact that your kids could help. They would love getting their fingers dirty dipping the chicken into the panko bread crumbs.
To begin, take a chicken tender and slather with the mustard sauce. I used a pastry brush. I find this is the best way to get a good amount of sauce onto each tender. Next, I take the chicken tender and dredge it into the panko mixture. I then place the coated chicken tender on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Originally I served these with ketchup, but we found these didn’t need a dipping sauce.
The perfect side dishes to be served with this would be a green salad or mashed potatoes(my favorite!).
- 4-5 chicken breasts, sliced or 6-8 pre-cut chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¾ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, salt, powder and chili powder. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.Set aside.
- Take a chicken tender and cover it with the dijon mustard mix. I used a pastry brush to make sure the whole tender was covered in sauce.
- Dredge each chicken tender in the panko mix and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
Adapted from The Girl Who Eats Everything Cookbook