These easy chicken fajitas are perfect for busy nights.
We love fajitas and you can’t go wrong when making them. They are quick to cook and loved by everyone.
I could eat these chicken fajitas every week and never get tired of them. They are so delicious. The marinade has a good mixture of spices without being spicy.
To make these I take 7-8 chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts, slice them, add them to the marinade and let them sit in the fridge anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. I will often marinate the chicken in the afternoon so it’s ready to go in the evening. You could marinade the chicken in the morning before work and they’d be ready to go when you get home.
Once they’ve marinated, I heat a skillet over medium heat, add some oil and cook the onions and pepper. We use green peppers most often, but you could use red or yellow or any mixture of peppers. Once the onions and peppers are done I will add the chicken. Since the chicken is thinly sliced it doesn’t take them long to cook. I would say about 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink.
I serve these over flour tortillas that I’ve warmed in the oven with some cheese and sour cream. The choices are endless on how you could serve them.
Like I said before quick and easy and full of delicious flavor.
- 7-8 chicken tenders or 4 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- ½ green pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tortillas of your choice. We like flour tortillas.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
- Add the sliced chicken, Make sure each piece is coated in the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the fridge and allow to marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add the onions and the peppers. Cook until just done about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink. Takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite tortillas and condiments.