Cheesy, garlicky goodness made into the perfect biscuit.
I love Red Lobster for really one thing, the cheddar biscuits. I could eat the entire basket of them and then another. That’s saying a lot since I am not a huge bread eater. Don’t get me wrong, I love bread, but it fills me up so I rarely eat it at restaurants.
These are not exactly like Red Lobsters, but are close enough that if you have a craving for these then they would totally satisfy that craving.
Drop biscuits are my jam. NO need to roll them out and spend time using a biscuit cutter to get the perfect circle. Just mix and then drop onto parchment paper using a measuring cup. Right up my alley and makes them perfect for weeknight dinners.
These are very moist biscuits and are filled with lots of cheese and garlic. You can cut back the amount of garlic and cheese if you would like, but who would want to do that?!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp. salt butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add the milk and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the cheese till just combined.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop the biscuit mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking mix your topping.
- In a small bowl, add the melted butter, garlic powder and parsley. Mix well.
- Once the biscuits are baked and out of the oven, brush the topping over each biscuit using a pastry brush.
- Serve immediately.