Strawberry Poke Cake an easy and delicious cake that people will think you slaved for hours over.
I love Strawberries, don’t you? I’m always on the search for a fantastic strawberry dessert and this one fits the bill.
This year while planning our family Easter dinner I decided I needed to include a strawberry dessert (last year I made this.) Strawberries + Easter = a happy family. Both my husband and brother-in-law are huge strawberry lovers. I knew this would be a hit.
You can’t go wrong with this cake for family gatherings. Everyone will think you slaved over this dessert when in reality you just spent a few minutes whipping it together.
Boxed cake mixes and I have a love affair. They never let me down. I tried a from-scratch yellow cake one time and it was super dry. I haven’t tried it again. I really need to, but for special occasions I always turn to the trusty old boxed cake mix.
The strawberry gelatin helps to take this cake to another flavor level. It’s so tasty and moist. I can’t wait to try this with other gelatin flavors. To make the frosting, I take a thawed 8 oz container of Cool Whip and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste and mix. Perfect every time!
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean pasted
- 1 container of Strawberries, washed and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the box.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake batter per box instructions. Pour into pan and bake according to the box.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes.
- Pierce the cake with a skewer or with a large fork. I poked a bunch of holes in ½-inch intervals.
- Prepare your gelatin by bring a cup of water to boil. Add the gelatin and mix for 2 minutes. The gelatin should be completely dissolved.
- Add the ½ cup cold water and stir.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Frost the cake, add sliced strawberries and chill until serving.
- Frosting -
- Take the 8 oz container of Cool Whip and add the 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste. Mix well.
Adapted from Kraft