Next to a tuna melt, egg salad is my favorite sandwich. I especially love this egg salad mixture. I’ve been making it for years and never get tired of it. It’s very simple but packed with flavor. The mix of Miracle Whip ( I prefer that over mayonnaise) with the Dijon mustard is delicious.
Last weekend my husband and I decided we wanted to go on a picnic. It was going to be a beautiful day. I originally thought I would make tuna sandwiches, but then remembered these egg salad sandwiches and realized I hadn’t made them in a long time.
They were quick to put together and packed easily into our cooler. We also took some potato salad and sodas. It was a great day.
How to Hard-Boil Eggs –
- Fill a saucepan two thirds full with cold water.
- Add desired amount of eggs to the pan plus 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover the pan, turn off the heat and let the eggs sit in hot water for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes drain the water off the eggs and run them under cold water.
- Peel your eggs. I like to peel them in cold water. Seems to help the shell peel off the egg easily.
This process works for me every time. I never get a green yolk using this method. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 stalk of green onion, thinly sliced. Use the white and green parts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the 4 eggs and place them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in the Miracle Whip, Dijon mustard, green onion and salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Slather on desired bread.