My husband is part Irish and part Scottish so St. Patrick’s Day is a big deal around here. It’s usually a two-day celebration. First, is the St. Patrick’s Day that is always held the Saturday before St. Patrick’s Day. This is a small parade, but lots of fun to be a part of. There is a non-profit organization that rescues bassets hounds, they are where we got our dogs from, they have a fundraiser where you donate a little money and walk your basset hounds with the organization. It’s quite a site to see. There are usually around 30 to 40 bassets in the parade, ours included.
Next, we celebrate St. Patrick’s day dinner at an Irish bar not far from our house. Their corned beef and cabbage is really good. My husband loves it and I have to agree it is a lot of fun.
This pistachio mousse would be a great addition to your St. Patrick’s Day meal or even for Easter.
Not only are these creamy, light and delicious, but easy and quick to put together. Your kids could even get in on the fun and make these.
- 1.34 oz Instant Jell-O pudding mix, pistachio
- 1¼ cup 1% milk
- 1 8 oz. container Cool Whip + 1 more to use as the topping on top
- Pull out the Cool Whip and allow to thaw. I put it on my counter for an hour and it’s thawed or you can put it in the fridge and let thaw for several hours.
- Dump the Jell-O mix into a bowl and add milk. Combine well.
- Add the Cool Whip, in batches, to the Jell-O mix and gently fold in till it’s mixed well.
- Serve in individual dishes and top with more Cool Whip.